Thursday, December 18, 2014

Indonesia Christmas 2013

For Christmas 2013 my family and I travelled across the island of Java and across to Bali. We took a train from Jakarta to Jogyakarta, and then drove from Jogyakarta to Mt. Bromo (volcano), and then took a ferry to Bali.

It was quite an adventure, with lots of driving time, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I love Joygyakarta so I was happy to be back. 

Mt. Bromo volcano was the highlight of my trip. It was an unbelievable site and climbing up one of the craters was insane. Seeing Mt. Bromo has been on my bucket list for a long time so I was happy to finally see it. 

In Bali we stayed in both Lovina (northern Bali) and spent New Years in Kuta. Lovina was incredibly boring and I will never return, but Kuta is always a fun time.

 After Kuta we went to the Gili Islands. It was my first time in the Gili Islands and it just happened to be on my bucket list as well so yey, multiple cross offs!