Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Khmer Cooking Class (Siem Reap, Cambodia)

Some of the ladies from my tour group along with myself decided it would be fun to take a Khmer cooking class at one of the popular local restaurants in town where we had previously eaten and watched traditional dancing. Each of learned how to make a traditional appetizer, entree, and dessert of our choice.

Appetizers: Fresh rice paper rolls, fried spring rolls, mango salad
Entrees: Amok (traditional Laos dish), red coconut curry
Dessert: pumpkin tapioca, banana tapioca, and one other thing I couldn't remember




Mango salad

Preparing the filling for my fresh rice paper roll

Making my roll

Tada!

Fried spring rolls other people in my group made

Cooking my chicken Amok

Amok

My home made pumkin tapioca dessert. The exact same thing I had ordered the previous night.

So-much-food...too much

Bloggers flipped this photo for no good reason. Anyways, you get the idea.