Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sockeye City Grill - Steveston

Sockeye City Grill on Urbanspoon Steveston, Richmond BC

My grandparents took Coel and I out for dinner at Sockeye City Grill in Steveston wharf for a fish and chip dinner. I've been to this restaurant several times before with my grandparents and was excited for the fresh fish that comes in from the wharf. The restaurant is located right on the wharf and looks out onto the boats that come in everyday with their catch.

My grandpa and I ordered the cod with clam chowder (16$) while Coel ordered the salmon and chips and my grandma had the fried oysters and chips. All the fish and chips are fried in a crispy beer batter. The servings of fish are actually quite large contrary to what they look like in the picture. The fish was fresh and hot and the chowder and creamy and filled with fresh fish and clam. I tried my grandmas oysters and I did not like them, but I think oysters are a little bit of an acquired taste.

Oysters

Salmon

Cod

Sockeye City Grill on Urbanspoon