Saturday, March 12, 2011

I just can't get enough

Once again I have fulfilled my Duchess craving.

This time I savored a lemon tart (5$) -which I had initially bought for a friend as a small birthday suprise. It was too tempting. A cherry macron and a cheddar black pepper scone followed suit.

The lemon tart was tangy and sweet. The citrus flavor was nicely balanced and did not over power the custard. A a mere 5$ it was also a great satisfying treat for both me and my wallet.

The scone was large and dense and the pepper and cheddar flavors were very clear. For some reason how ever I did not enjoy it as much as I thought of, perhaps because I was looking to satisfy a sweet tooth the the savory pepper flavor did quite the opposite for me. The scone would have been more enjoyable warm. Nevertheless, it was quite a satisfyingly large scone for the price (2.50$).